TRAINING CENTER formats
Athletic Republic offers franchise operators two training formats. The first is the TRAINING CENTER, which utilizes the Athletic Republic training system to develop athlete's speed, power, agility, and stamina. The second is the TRAINING CLINIC, which has been created for the Physical Therapy or Chiropractic Clinic operator interested in expanding their services with performance sports training, delivering our ACL Bridge Program, and utilizing Athletic Republic's proprietary equipment to improve and extend the overall athlete recovery experience with the clinic.
The TRAINING CENTER is available as a co-located or free-standing facility:
- Co-Location: A Co-Located Training Center is located within another larger facility (typically with 1,800 - 4,500 sq.ft. of dedicated space), such as a Sports Medicine Hospital, Physical Therapy Clinic, SportsPlex, Ice Rink Complex, Health Club or similar facility, and has a protected territory with less than 5,000 potential athletes*.
- Free Standing: A Free-Standing Training Center is located as a stand-alone business in a strip retail center, office warehouse, mixed commercial, or similar location (typically 2,400 - 6,000 sq.ft.) and may offer, or rent space within the training center to complimentary services. These could include Physical Therapy, Chiropractic Services, Cryotherapy, Sports Team Offices, Sports Nutrition Counseling, Sports Psychology, Juice Bar, Personal Trainers, Turf / Court / Cage Rental, or other related businesses and has a protected territory with less than 10,000 potential athletes*.
* Even though Athletic Republic centers serve adult athletes, the potential athletes within a protected territory is defined as 30% of all Middle School, Junior High, and High School students enrolled in schools within the exclusive Trade Market.
The TRAINING CLINIC format was created for the Physical Therapy Clinic or Sport Medicine Facility operator interested in extending patient care and recovery an additional 6 - 12 weeks by introducing sports performance training to their practices. Athletic Republic offers Training Clinics the right to purchase its PlyoPress with Forceplate (3PQ), MultiHip machine, Pro Implosion, Cords, and Balance Devices, along with the advanced assessment and workflow resources to expand their service offering to include:
- Athletic Republic's ACL / Lower Extremity Bridge Program that 'bridges' the training gap between when insurance supported therapy is completed and when the athlete is ready to return to competition.
- Strength and movement skill training protocols for advancing an athlete's recovery and development.
- Dynamic warm-up, exercise recovery, and ground-based training protocols and equipment for on-field, on-court or on-site training by the clinic's Athletic Trainer in the clinic and at the schools and clubs.
A Trade Market is limited to the physical address of a Physical Therapy Clinic or Sports Medicine Facility. There is no protected territory for an Athletic Republic Training Clinic.
Athletic Republic training centers draw 80% of its customers from a 20-minute or 10-mile radius around the facility. The Trade Market is the exclusive geography and protected territory of the franchise which may be larger or smaller than the 10-mile radius depending upon market conditions, drive times, and the center's programming. Considerations for site selection include:
CONVENIENCE: With half of the athletes participating in the Acceleration program being chauffeured by their parents, center convenience, accessibility, and proximity to their other weekly shopping / stopping locations they frequent are incredibly important. Choosing a training center location within the 5-minute 'drop and then shop' radius allows the parent to be efficient with their time by accomplishing weekly shopping tasks, while the athlete completes their 90-minute training session.
SPORTS CENTER: A Co-Location Center inside a SportsPlex or Rink complex should be accessible near the front entry of the facility, so athletes playing sports not offered at the SportsPlex have easy access to the training center.
VISIBILITY: Free-standing locations do not have to be on a main street, but the address must be easily found with GPS and feature exterior signage visible from the roadway.
PROXIMITY: Selecting a site that has more than 10 High Schools within a 10-mile radius provides the center with access to a population of approximately 5,000 student-athletes to serve.
training center size (Square Footage)
The size of the training center depends entirely on the desired training capacity, the athlete through-put model (which is a combination of space and the amount of training equipment), the training programs being offered, and the complimentary services the center plans to support with track, turf, court, batting cages, studio space, meeting rooms, private treatment, and other dedicated areas. By determining the number of athletes (or teams) the center plans to train during peak hours, the desired capacity and through-put may be calculated to verify the training center's square footage requirements.
Additional space should be allocated to the reception / waiting area, office(s), and bathrooms (if not available in the building). Other considerations in the space selection process include; a well-lit parking lot with sufficient parking spaces, natural light, ventilations / air conditioning, and ceiling height (at least 12').