At Athletic Republic, we believe the next workout begins the moment the last one ends. As a result, we have constructed a recovery program that combines research and practical applications with products and services developed by industry leaders to help athletes of every age reach their competitive goals. Individually, these five central elements will contribute to an athlete's recovery, however Athletic Republic recommends combining the following five critical tenets to boost the rate of recovery.
- Hydration - The body demands fluids to function along with electrolytes and carbohydrates to perform. Drinking water and electrolytes aids the post-workout recovery process by restoring fluid levels and replenishing energy stores.
- Nutrition - Refueling after training prepares the body for the next work-out. A nutritional routine that includes 20 grams of protein digested within 60-minutes of a work-out helps rebuild muscle fibers and promotes recovery.
- Regeneration – Athletic Republic has partnered with Hyperice to bring their expertise and line of vibrating foam rollers to AR athletes to help them increase flexibility, tissue elasticity, range of motion, and to also promote recovery.
- Compression - Compression clothing promotes faster recovery by stimulating blood flow and promoting more efficient removal of blood lactate to limit swelling, speed muscle repair, and reduce soreness.
- Rest - Rest is a critical part of recovery. Getting a good night sleep, recognizing when to go easy, and relaxing after a strenuous work-out are important components to maximizing the value of recovery.
“I am always looking for the best tools and technology to help keep my body healthy. The Hyperice Vyper prepares my body for training and helps my muscles recover after games. It is an essential part of my routine and enables my body to perform at the highest level through the grind of a long season.” Blake Griffin, NBA All-Star"